Data collection is extremely important to us.
We knew that cooling seemed to help most people relieve the pain caused by migraines, but is that really enough information to base a product on? We wanted more. So, we teamed up with market researchers, medical professionals, and healthcare industry experts to learn more about the problem. Our research led us to learn migraines are more debilitating to a larger group of people than we ever expected. We knew we could develop a device to help reduce the pain of their symptoms.
- Migraine is the 3rd most prevalent illness in the world.
- Nearly 1 in 4 U.S. households includes someone with migraine.
- Amazingly, 12% of the population – including children – suffers from migraine.
- 18% of American women, 6% of men, and 10% of children experience migraines.
- Migraine is most common between the ages of 25 and 55.
- Migraine tends to run in families. About 90% of migraine sufferers have a family history of migraine.
Source: Migraine Research Foundation
We continue to gather feedback from migraine sufferers to further enhance our knowledge of what works, what doesn't, and how Prolivio could potentially relieve pain.